Work at Oshko as a
Social Media & Marketing Coordinator
What is it like to work at Oshko?
Oshko is a young and energetic company that specializes in the design, building and sale of advanced gaming PCs. Its founder and president, Francis Carroll, is a passionate gamer with over ten years of international experience in the computer industry.
At Oshko, because we are so passionate about gaming and computers, we have created an environment that promotes creativity, and where thinking outside the box is highly encouraged, allowing us to create better gaming boxes. #dadjoke. Our daily mission is to bring to market the most advanced gaming PCs ever seen. Teamwork is integral and unites us as we work towards achieving a common goal: exceeding customer expectations and creating excitement.
We have surrounded ourselves with nothing short of the best. Oshko can count on the support of many well-known partners, which allows us to continue to serve the eSport community to the best of our ability. Together, we have positioned ourselves as industry leaders, and have pushed the boundaries of video games, making them even more exciting – and we are just getting started!
We do more than just provide the eSport community with products, we are firsthand participants. In addition to playing on gaming teams, we are active on social media, travel to attend events, enjoy a weekly allotment of gaming hours, a streaming account, and credits that can be applied to the purchase of games, and much, much more!
We work hard, but every day is fun. We constantly cheer on individual or team accomplishments. You should have seen our president when he reached Gold in Overwatch…It was big for him!
Join our team, and you will still be allowed to make fun of Francis’ bad aim in Overwatch!
Which responsibilities will I get?
Marketing & Media
- With Oshko’s direction, define the social media strategy and plan its execution
- Define key performance indicators for the social media strategy and activities
- Define and propose budgets to ensure the successful execution of the strategy
- Manage, create and supervise social media content
- Oversee the engagement level of the community and the quality of visitors sent to the Oshko website; recommend content optimisation to increase conversion
- Interact quickly with Oshko’s social media community
- Build and maintain business relations with industry professionals and influencers through social media in order to build a strong network of contacts
- With Oshko’s direction, define the events strategy, including the selection of which events to attend and our level of involvement
- Define key performance indicators for our events strategy and participation
- Plan event logistics and ensure Oshko’s participation
- Engage with and have fun with event participants, try to understand their needs and motivations, while promoting the Oshko brand
- Participate as needed in meetings with creative and media agencies
- Coordinate creative projects as needed
- Participate in product marketing as needed (e.g., key selling points, packaging, merchandising, etc.)
- Ability to travel outside Canada
- Estimated time spent traveling is 10% (events, content creation, etc.)
- A greater percentage of travel may be required at certain times of the year
Do I have the experience, interests and skills you are looking for in a marketing coordinator?
We are looking for someone who:
- Is tremendously enthusiastic about the PC gaming universe; is up to date on the latest technologies, new game releases and trends in general.
- Will enjoy interacting with the community on a daily basis and is interested in its history.
- Has recent experience building gaming computers, as this would be an asset.
- Has at least a basic understanding of computer components, what they do, how they work and interact with one another.
- Has a university degree or higher. It is an asset if your degree is related to the field of business, computer technology or gaming.
- Plays computer games almost daily and is willing to play and interact with Oshko’s community during work hours.
- Is organized and can manage various projects simultaneously. You will manage your own schedule and must be able to set priorities. This will allow you to be a great team player, as well as contribute to your team’s ability to achieve its goals.
- Has a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel 10% of the time. Some of the travel will be outside Canada.